Garth Knox presents a programme of music for viola d’amore and electronics featuring music by Simon Mawhinney, Olga Neuwirth, Ed Bennet, Marin Marais.
- Fantasy on medieval tunes
- Simon Mawhinney – Nendrum
- Olga Neuwirth – Risonanze
- Ed Bennet – Ghosts
- Matthew Whiteside – Solo for Viola D’amore and Electronics
- Marin Marais – Folies
- Garth Knox – Cinq Petites Entropies
- New work by Siobhan Dyson from Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Garth is a specialist in contemporary music performing as a member of Ensemble InterContemporain and the Arditti String Quartet before becoming a pioneer of the viola d’amore, a fourteen stringed baroque instrument.
The Night With… series is supported by Creative Scotland, PRS Foundation, Arts Council NI, RVW Trust, Hugh Fraser Foundation and The Fenton Arts Trust.