Belfast International Arts Festival is Northern Ireland’s annual celebration of contemporary arts from home and abroad and is widely recognised as both a significant event in Belfast’s cultural calendar and a strategic leader in Northern Ireland’s arts sector. We are known for showcasing world class artists and productions of a high international standard which reflect and promote both our changing city and the continuing evolution of creative practice from around the world.
We are seeking experienced individuals, or a service provider, to manage the operational and logistical delivery of events for our 2023 edition, currently planned to take place between 12 October to 5 November.
We are offering 2 fixed-term temporary contracts to deliver this service in 2023, with the potential for contracts to be extended to future editions of our annual Autumn Festival and satellite events.
- Festival Operations Manager: £12,083 – this is a full-time temporary role from August to December 2023 (FTE £29,000 pa).
- Festival Operations Assistant: £3,833 – reporting to the Festival Operations Manager, this support role commences in mid-September and is based on full-time hours for 2 months (FTE £23,000pa).
These roles will appeal to those already working professionally in event management, arts administration or stage management. The contract(s) can be based on employment or self-employed/freelance. BIAF has adopted a hybrid working pattern of days working from home and days in the office however to facilitate full delivery of our Festival the full team are required to work from the office and at event venues in Belfast during October and November.
How to Apply
Applications, by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org, must include the following supporting information/documents:
- A letter/supporting statement (max 600 words) describing how your experience matches the needs of the role and how you meet the skills, experience and qualifications set out in the Job Information.
- Your full professional CV detailing all experience relevant to the post.
- Contact details for 2 professional referees, and the capacity in which you know them. Referees may not be related to you. One should be a current, or most recent employer, and at least one should be someone that you have worked for in a professional capacity.
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Questionnaire.
Application Deadline: 4pm on Thursday 15 June 2023
BIAF is an equal opportunities employer