Carlisle Memorial Church
One of Belfast’s most striking buildings, Carlisle Memorial Methodist Church has served as a gateway to North Belfast since 1875. Designed by native son, W.H. Lynn – a one-time partner of Sir Charles Lanyon – it took just three years to complete. Built in a High Victorian neo-Gothic style as a memorial to the children of local builder James Carlisle, it is being brought back into use by the Belfast Buildings Trust through a long-term programme of regeneration.