In a welcome return to Belfast and to performing live, Glen Hansard is back for one night in the glorious surroundings of The Grand Opera House, exactly two years since his sell-out performances at BIAF19.
From his time as lead singer of Irish stalwarts The Frames, one half of folk rock duo The Swell Season, starring in the critically acclaimed, award-winning films The Commitments and Once through to his fourth solo album, This Wild Willing, an artist of Hansard’s stature needs no introduction.
This will be Glen’s first show in front of a live audience on the island of Ireland for what feels like a long time, and Belfast is the perfect location, given the success of his appearances at BIAF19; part of his last tour pre-covid.
We’ve missed Glen and he has missed his audiences. For anyone who hasn’t seen Hansard perform live, he channels absolutely everything into his performance. Don’t miss it!
Support Act: Rónán O’Snodaigh & Myles O’Reilly
- Doors: 6.30pm
- 7.30pm – 8pm: Rónán O’Snodaigh & Myles O’Reilly
- Interval 20 mins
- 8.20pm: Glen Hansard
- Show will conclude no later than 11pm
Part of IN-visible ID-entities 3, an on-going BIAF initiative encouraging cultural collaboration across the island and supported by the Government of Ireland’s Department of Foreign Affairs.
What to expect on arrival:
All ticketholders aged 18 and over, will need to provide one of the following:
- Proof of full vaccination, with the second dose having been given at least 14 days earlier. Acceptable forms of proof include Covid immunisation record cards, COVIDCert NI certificates, and any official documentation from outside Northern Ireland such as the EU Digital Covid Certificate or the NHS Covid Pass.
- Proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test taken no more than 24 hours in advance. This will be in the form of an official SMS message which you will receive after completing and registering your Lateral Flow Test result at https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result
- Proof of natural immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for Covid issued between 30 and 180 days earlier. Any self-isolation period must have elapsed before coming to the Theatre.