Kim Vaughan enjoys a varied musical career as a chamber musician and artistic director. She is a founder member of the Benyounes Quartet, who were recipients of the Royal Philharmonic Society’s prestigious Isserlis scholarship and multiple prize winners at international competitions, and is also artistic director of the Quercus Ensemble. With the quartet, Kim designed and led BMS’s pilot chamber music course in 2016, and she has performed with both groups on several occasions for the Society.
This special recital features Kim as a soloist and duo musician. It was conceived during lockdown and recorded at St Mary’s School, a specialist music school in Edinburgh where Kim also teaches. She is joined by her partner, Philip Higham, principal cellist of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and a notable soloist in his own right.
- D. Gabrielli – Canon for two cellos
- Jacchini – Sonata for cello and bass continuo
- Couperin – Treizième Concert from ‘Les Goûts-Réunis’ or ‘Nouveaux Concerts’
- Rameau – Selection of dances
- Lully –Aria
- Sainte-Columbe – Les Pleurs
- Vivaldi – Sonata in B flat major for cello and bass continuo RV.45
- Corelli – ‘La folia’ from Violin Sonata Op.5 No.12, arranged for 2 cellos