Sestina – In Guilty Night: Dialogues of a distracted mind
Belfast Music Society Northern Lights Mini-Fest
Belfast Music Society’s annual Northern Lights Mini-Fest presents Sestina, a dynamic young vocal ensemble based in Belfast with a reputation for excellence and innovation in early music.
Built around the execution ballad Fortune my Foe, the programme will explore aspects of the supernatural with settings of Saul and the Witch of Endor, and love in all forms: ‘distracted’ (with an excerpt from Matthew Locke’s Psyche), ‘requited’ (with Mazzochi’s Dialogo) and ‘filial’ (in the drama of Carissimi’s oratorio Jephte).
- Fortune my foe – Anon
- Fortune – William Byrd
- In guilty night – Robert Ramsey
- Dialogue of despairing lovers
- From Psyche – Matthew Locke
- Passacaille de Seigneur Luigi (harp solo) – Luigi Rossi
- Dialogo a 3 Silvia, Fileno, Eurilla – Domenico Mazzochi
- In guilty night – Henry Purcell
- Historia de Jepthe -Giacomo Carissimi
This event is based on 1m social distancing seating. Track and Trace visitor log will be used. The audience are required to wear a mask. Hand sanitiser will be available on arrival.