Learn how to fail better with Vivek Shraya.
In How to Fail as a Popstar, the singer and writer tells us about her path to the margins of fame as a “not quite” major popstar with lots of humour and empathy. In a thrilling cabaret-style performance consisting of anecdotes, music, and choreography that straddles all genres, Shraya takes us on a journey through her rise in showbiz, beginning with singing Hindu bhajans and R&B covers when she was young at competitions for teenagers, to moving cities, all the way to her first album.
Bittersweet and yet triumphant, How to Fail as a Popstar is a wise and ultimately redeeming pop odyssey; a reflection on the power of pop culture, dreams, disappointment, and self determination and a celebration of her own authentic voice.
Part of BIAF’s 2022 focus on artists from Canada #PopStarPlay
Note: Sales will close on our Box Office at 4pm daily for that day’s performance. Limited tickets available at The MAC.
- Written and Performed by Vivek Shraya
- Directed by Brendan Healy
- Assistant Director (Rodeo) Clare Preuss
- Choreographed by William Yong
- Set and Costume Designer Joanna Yu
- Original Lighting Designer CJ Astronomo
- Tour Lighting Designer/ Operator Imogen Wilson
- Music Composition and Sound Design James Bunton
- Manager of Touring Chris Reynolds
- Stage Manager/ Technical Director/ Sound Operator Adrien Whan
OFFER 1: Multi-buy discount
– Choose 2 selected events: save £8 Full/ £7 Conc*
– Choose 3 selected events: save £12 Full/ £10.50 Conc*
Bookings must be made in one transaction to qualify for the discount. Available throughout the festival.
*Discount on advertised Full and Concession rate tickets.
OFFER 2: Earlybird discount
Take advantage of 20% discount on selected events when you book between Tues 9 Aug – Sun 11 Sep.
Only one offer can be applied at checkout.
A moving tale that any person who’s struggled to achieve their dreams can easily relate to...