A spectacular acrobatic and meditative street circus double bill free and suitable for all ages!
Rêve Encore is a show inviting the audience to dive head first into the artists’ world and the dreams and the emotions that inhabit them. Discover how dance, circus and human connection offer hope. Rêve Encore offers a spiralling geometric circus show where the circle, an everlasting eternity of movements and constancy, is honoured with grace and awe.
Ma’kan is a choreographic exploration on human reactions to limitations, whether physical or not, imposed or chosen. The performer pushes his body to defy the limits of space. This meditative show ponders the changes the body goes through when it feels limited: from tension to relaxation, from firmness to softness as well as the variations of states, the changes of mood and their intensities.
Part of BIAF’s 2022 focus on artists from the Middle East and North Africa. Supported by the British Council.
This event will be part of Eastside Partnership’s Urban Market on Saturday 15 October and generously supported by Belfast City Council.
- Hamza El Alouani, Chaouki Amellal
- Production company: Eskemm
- Co-production: Pôle en scène, Pôle Pik and Prunier Sauvage.
- Conception: Michel Kelemenis
- Choreography & Performance: Mehdi Dahkan
- Co -production: French Institute of Meknes & French Institute of Paris
- Support: Klap Maison pour la danse Marseille