Festival audiences are used to seeing the full Ulster Orchestra in all its glory but are perhaps less familiar with its versatility in smaller groups.
Throughout the country, ensembles of players from the orchestra regularly combine to perform under the UO’s flagship ‘On Your Doorstep’ programme.
Tonight’s ‘Doorstep’ programme has been specially designed to celebrate the Belfast Music Society’s centenary as a promoter of chamber music.
Members of the orchestra combine to offer a rich array of chamber music colours that we rarely see – featuring almost every instrument in the orchestra.
- Mozart – Symphony No. 10 in G major, K.74 (arrangement of orchestral version)
- Ravel – Introduction & Allegro (chamber work in original form)
- Glazunov – In Modo Religioso (chamber work in original form)
- Strauss – Capriccio (intermezzo movement from opera of same name, in original form)
- De Falla – Selection of Spanish Dances from The Three-Cornered Hat (arrangement of orchestral version)